Rest assured there are three kinds of holds that are appearing on student accounts recently:
- Financial Hold
- This type of hold needs to be resolved with financial services.
- It could mean:
- You have an unpaid bill.
- There could have been a mistake and it needs to be clarified.
- Or another reason.
- This is a Semester Conversion I.A.P. Hold
- Your advisor will be contacting you regarding a meeting to discuss the upcoming semester conversion and how you will stay on track with the new courses and requirements in order to graduate on time.
- For more information regardign the conversion visit:
- RIT Conversion Website
- RIT Semester Conversion blog
- Like the Semester Conversion Facebook
- Follow RIT Conversion
- This hold will not prohibit a student from enrolling in classes for the winter and spring; however, the student needs to meet with their advisor and sign-off on their I.A.P. (Individual Advisement Plan) before they will be allowed to enroll in classes for the Winter Semester.
- All first years students at RIT are required to meet with their academic department to discuss their upcoming enrollment for winter.
- This hold will only be removed after a student meets with their advisor.
- My recommendation would be to contact your advisor now to schedule this appointment before enrollment begins.
- Advisors get extremely busy during enrollment periods and may not have time for a walk-in appointment.
Students should begin resolving their holds now as they can effect enrollment for winter quarter.